Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Summer Fun

Never have I felt the power of summer at its fullest until this year. It used to be an idyllic existence we led during summer time. We could hit the library or the pool at our leisure. But this year is quite different.

First off, the local pool at the high school only has public swim sessions on weekdays. We can't go there on weekends as a whole family any more. Needless to say, it's more crowded when we go because everyone wants to take advantage of the little time we have to use the pool.

Another thing is, I'm starting to feel time catching up to me. I start to forget things when I'm under pressure. Just yesterday, I totally forgot to take my daughter to the gymnastics lesson because I needed to fill out some forms for a meeting that I was attending today. When I got out of the shower this morning, I realized that it was already Wednesday and yesterday was Tuesday but we didn't go to the gymnastics! Grrrr....

I quickly called the gymnastics place and scheduled a make-up lesson for this afternoon. But who knows! Maybe I'll forget something else this afternoon because of the impromptu make-up lesson!

No comments: